Join our call to cancel Canyon Mine’s permit
– outdated Environmental Impact Statement
– failure to meaningfully consult Indigenous Nations
– threats to health, environment, and water
– Grand Canyon is an international tourist destination
Contact Kaibab National Forest Supervisor Heather Provencio:
(928) 635-8200, email@example.com
Arizona Department of Environmental Quality
Responsible for issuing Arizona State environmental permits for Canyon Mine.
1110 W Washington St, Phoenix, AZ 85007
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (602) 771-2300
Arizona Department of Transportation
Responsible for regulations regarding transport, maintains jurisdiction over roadways even through sovereign Indigenous communities.
1655 W. Jackson Street, MD 126F Phoenix, AZ 85007
Email: email@example.com Phone: 602-712-73-55
White Mesa Mill
Owned by EFI. Only commercial processing plant for uranium operating in the US. Mill’s license is currently up for renewal.
State regulators in Utah are considers three key licensing decisions to allow the White Mesa uranium mill to continue operating:
- The renewal of the mill’s radioactive materials license – basically its operating permit. This license will determine how the mill is allowed to operate and how it will be cleaned up.
- The renewal of the mill’s groundwater discharge permit, which governs the mill’s impact on groundwater underneath the facility’s massive waste ponds.
- Whether the White Mesa Mill will be the final resting place for highly controversial radioactive waste shipped from the Sequoyah Fuels site near the Cherokee Nation in Oklahoma.
- The state of Utah is accepting comments from the public until July 31, 2017. A public hearing is scheduled for June 8 in Salt Lake City, and a public meeting for June 15 in Blanding, Utah.
- Sign up for email alerts. (Please use the form to the right)
- Pledge your support for resistance to Canyon Mine and the hauling of toxic ore through our communities.
- Join the tour! We’ll need lots of support in the build up and on the tour.
- Write letters to editors.
- Like our Facebook page and share this site on social media! Click here for shareable graphics & tweets!
Use the hashtags: #stopcanyonmine & #haulno!
- Donate to our Crowdfunding Campaign.